Monday, October 27, 2008

Story of Bug

Once upon a time, what seems like a very long time ago, Momma came home with an itty bitty 2wk old baby Bug. This Baby Bug was sooo small..

How small was he? you might ask..

He was soooo small, he looked completely lost in the carseat. Even with the dual head thingies, he didn't fit. The carseat (which I completely love by the way!! Go Graco for having an infant seat that goes up to 30lbs AND 32" tall! Love it!) which begins at 5lbs he basically swam in. The straps were tightened to their max and still weren't quite tight enough.

He was sooooo small, his head was the size of my fist. And no I dont have huge manly hands.

He was soooo small, Daddy's biggest finger was almost as big around as his legs.

He was soooo small, I could place my palm on his trunk area and completely cover him diaper to throat.

It's been 5months now. I have no idea where the time went to or how it slipped past me so quickly but regardless, that little bitty teeny tiny preemie??

He's sooo big and chunky now! He's more than tripled his birth weight and is closing in on quadrupling it! Instead of those teeny tiny preemie clothes, we've moved up to the 6-9mo clothes already! Big boy clothes! He looks soo old.

Gone are the days of swimming in the carseat. Both headrest things are now gone and he's recently discovered that little caution sticker on the inside of his seat.

Instead of being able to easily swing the carseat up into the SUV with it weighing virtually no different with the child in or out, now I throw my back out picking him up.

My palm now fits across his tummy sideways instead of lengthwise as it used to.. How did the kid get as WIDE as he once was long?

I can not even get my fingers to meet in a circle around his chubby little legs..

Where did my itty bitty go? Personally I have a theory on that.. The Bug ate that preemie.. Poof, gone!

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how fast they grow!? So bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, so sweet! :)

    Sometimes I just can't get over the fact that my 2.5 year old isn't a baby anymore. When did that happen??

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog! I've been a lurker for awhile now. I have tagged you for a photo MeMe. If you'd like to participate just hop on over to my blog for instructions!


    Mandie from Passionate Chaos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys!! Woohoo Mandie!! I love when lurkers come out :) And even better- my very first MeMe! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Did you read the blog? Leave me a comment people.. I'm needy like that :)