Friday, October 31, 2014
This year I am being a bad mom. I did not bring up Halloween, Trick-or-Treating, or costumes to my kids to see if they would ask about it themselves. They waited until TUESDAY to say "Hey, are we going to go trick-or-treating this year? What should we be?" Uhm, nope guys - no trick-or-treating this year. Actually they took it just fine.
I have several reasons beyond my own laziness for not participating this year.
1. Dimples does not do well with tons of strangers and around people all hyped up. Last year our neighborhood had a small trick-or-treating day before Halloween just for our own neighborhood kids. He actually got a kick out of that because it was controlled. The entire neighborhood kids got in a line and did a parade of sorts thru the neighborhood collecting candy. There was order to it, clear rules not chaos - this is what Dimples likes. This year, with Halloween being on a Friday, our neighborhood didn't do anything early.
2. I am not a creative one who can whip up a costume from our closets and go. No, if my kids want to dress up that means buying 4 costumes and frankly, I'm not feeling that expenditure. #CheapSkate
3. I don't give my kids a lot of candy. I have 3 who have ADHD ,do you think they need more of a sugar rush? Uhmm, no. We end up tossing out the leftover Halloween candy around Easter and the leftover Easter candy around Halloween. It's not worth it.
This year, we are going to stay in. I'm contemplating taking them to the movies because it's sure to be bare there tonight with all the other witches and goblins out raiding people for candy :)
Speaking of movies - I cannot wait for this one to come out!
Thursday, October 30, 2014
1. No matter how many times Dean or Sam die and go to Hell (or Purgatory, or Heaven) they will always come back. This was kind of a given since the show is about them. Still, I think the writers must have a contest every season on how best to kill off one of our studs.
2. Bobby loves to say BALLS & Idjits like a lot. I love Bobby. When he died , I cried. Then he came back as a ghost and died again. I think the writers were having a contest on how many times they could make the viewer cry over the same person. I'm still not 100% he's not coming back some way or the other. I just started Season 8 people, there's still time!
3. Season 8- Dean is in league with a vampire?? What the hell happened in Purgatory and WHERE is CASS???
4. Season 10 *which just started for you non-viewers* teasers and commercials are KILLING me. I don't want to know what's going on 2 seasons from now, but on the other hand - I really really do!!
5. Watching an entire series on Netflix completely spoils you for regular tv watching. No more commercials to fast forward thru (because we DVR all our shows to skip commercials), now there's just a moment of black screen and then moving on with the show. We have still not perfected the art of fast forwarding thru commercials- either you come up too short and have to watch the tail end of some toilet paper commercial or you go too far and have to rewind while valiantly trying to not look at the screen so you don't get a spoiler.
6. When you have watched 7 episodes in a row and they suddenly do a flashback to 4 years ago, you sit there yelling at the tv - No, Sam did NOT look like that four years ago. Come on!
|Sam Season 1|
|Sam Season 6|
So as you see, I have learned many things while entertaining my obsession with Sam & Dean Winchester.. Least of which is the enormous amount of pins to be found on pinterest. Enjoy a few of my favorites while I sit back and contemplate whether to slow my viewing down (on Season 8 now, Season 10 is live) so that I am not forced to wait an entire week per episode in the very very near future. #HazardsOfSupernaturalAddiction ...
Wednesday, October 29, 2014
There is nothing worse than being in the middle of pumping and hear someone walk into your house saying "Hello?".
This was my morning ... ugh.
Someone remind me again why in the world people give their sprinkler company the code to the garage? And why in the world would said sprinkler people not ring the doorbell before just barging in? *Note- we did not give them the #, the previous owners did. I'm not that particular brand of crazy.*
So here I am, sitting on the bed , hooked up to the pump, with the dog in my lap, and playing Monster Busters on my phone. Yes, for 15mins ever 3-4hours I play games on my phone. I tried reading during my pumping time, but 15mins is not enough time and I can't put a book down after that short amount. I can however, use up all 5 of my lives in one, sometimes two games. Back to this morning - I'm sitting there pumping, doing my normal stuff when I hear a noise and then a man's voice saying Hello? Quite honestly, my first thought was WTH my 15 mins are not up yet! I can't stop . But a strange man walking into your house is something that you just have to deal with, 3mins left of pumping or not.
So here I am trying to disengage the pump - quickly and with as little mess as possible because There.is.a.stranger.in.my.house. If you have ever pumped before, you will know that stopping mid-flow so to speak is not the cleanest way to stop. Drips may occur. Thankfully I was able to get things covered up with no wet spots to speak of and deal with my intruder.
Remind me to start locking the door from the garage to the house. :sigh:
Labels: Daily life in chaos