Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Unlocked doors = spilled milk


There is nothing worse than being in the middle of pumping and hear someone walk into your house saying "Hello?".

This was my morning ...  ugh.

Someone remind me again why in the world people give their sprinkler company the code to the garage?  And why in the world would said sprinkler people not ring the doorbell before just barging in? *Note- we did not give them the #, the previous owners did. I'm not that particular brand of crazy.*

So here I am, sitting on the bed , hooked up to the pump, with the dog in my lap, and playing Monster Busters on my phone.  Yes, for 15mins ever 3-4hours I play games on my phone.  I tried reading during my pumping time, but 15mins is not enough time and I can't put a book down after that short amount.  I can however, use up all 5 of my lives in one, sometimes two games.  Back to this morning - I'm sitting there pumping, doing my normal stuff when I hear a noise and then a man's voice saying Hello?  Quite honestly, my first thought was WTH my 15 mins are not up yet! I can't stop . But a strange man walking into your house is something that you just have to deal with, 3mins left of pumping or not.

So here I am trying to disengage the pump - quickly and with as little mess as possible because There.is.a.stranger.in.my.house.   If you have ever pumped before, you will know that stopping mid-flow so to speak is not the cleanest way to stop. Drips may occur.  Thankfully I was able to get things covered up with no wet spots to speak of and deal with my intruder.

Remind me to start locking the door from the garage to the house.  :sigh:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you read the blog? Leave me a comment people.. I'm needy like that :)