Thursday, September 5, 2013

I'm not perfect... but fix that typo!


Clearly I don't have enough things on my plate right now..  The review blog is hopping!  I have books lined up in my cupboard waiting to be read & reviewed.  I am loving it!   I was recently offered the opportunity to do some work as a proofreader.


  I am one of those anal people who reads a book, deeply enjoys the book, but sits there irritated when there are typos, grammar errors & just silly misprints.  Even some of the more popular authors that have been doing this for YEARS have errors in their books.  Those are the ones that drive me the most crazy!  I know they pay high dollar for people to proofread/edit their books and there are still mistakes? ugh.   So this is a dream job. I can do something I love (read books), fix the pesky little errors AND get paid to do it!

I completed my first proofread today.  Let me tell you, it was insane work.  The book itself was great, but I was so nervous messing with someone else's words.   Once it was done, I turned it in and breathed a sigh of relief!  Now I can't wait to do it again!  

*Disclosure-  Yes, I realize I don't always write in proper grammar and there may be other mistakes on my blog.  To me, I feel like the blog world is an un-edited version of life.  We write from the heart, quick while it's there in our minds.  We  (at least I) don't edit it and try to make it perfect.  My blog is like my diary except that it's not hidden in a drawer full of undies - it's out here for the world to read.







Pin It

1 comment:

Did you read the blog? Leave me a comment people.. I'm needy like that :)