Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Another year...

The first day of school has come and gone. 

The kids are all a grade older and I only have one year left before Dimples will be in Kindergarten which means ALL DAY school.  :(

I'd like to share our first day of school picture like I always have in the past.. Alas, the "highschoolers" have deemed themselves all of the sudden too big to pose.  Silly teens.  So here are the lil kids :


And because I'm that mom. I went outside and hollared at the highschoolers to walk their little butts back home so I could get their picture as they tried to sneak out of the house before I could capture them ..

 I quite frankly, have no idea how on earth Attitude King has gotten so big. A FRESHMAN people. The clock is ticking down :(  This boy, who once was so little, I now have to look up at as he towers over me.  Heck, he towers of Daddy Chaos too.. lol.

And Drama Queen, the junior, who is constantly wishing her life away and trying to be older than she is.  I don't know when she grew up either, I must have blinked.  Sorry for the fuzzy picture, they were by the road.. Please note that I was nice enough to crop her BFF out of the picture, even though said BFF huffed at the mere idea of getting a "first day of school" picture which means I promptly put it on facebook uncropped.. :~P

So school has started and life is getting back into a routine.  Sigh.   I think this is the first year I have ever looked forward to school starting.  The summer has been a shitfest of surgeries, pre-op appts, post- op appts and bedrest.  Back to school forces us back into a routine which I've come to realize it's not just the kids who crave it.

And because nothing good can come without a tiny bit of bad- Dimples has had his 3rd sinus infection of the year.  Our Dr decided to run some allergy tests- low and behold, the boy has a milk allergy.

Let me restate that- the boy whose pure existence is due to Boost (milk included), grilled cheese sandwiches and quesadillas- is allergic to milk.   Our life has just become not so fun.


xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you read the blog? Leave me a comment people.. I'm needy like that :)