Saturday, November 19, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude- Day 19 #Adoption

One year ago...

It snuck up on me.  

These anniversaries tend to for some reason. 

Not that they aren't special and I don't thank my lucky stars every day but my life , their lives are more than a court date.

One year ago today, we finally completed the adoption of Fishing Pole & Dimples.

It was a very long road fraught (I've always wanted to use the word fraught) with ups and downs worse than any roller coaster I've ever been on.  But then end result is what matters.  They are mine.  Forever and ever.  


Today I am thankful  for many things. Fishing Pole & Dimples have been mine in my heart since the moment I first met them. No court date will ever change that. Still,  I am thankful that although today only represents a legal court date- those boys are MINE and no one can ever take them away.   I am thankful for the joy they bring into our lives each and every day.  I am thankful for no more forced visits, no more caseworkers to deal with, no more bureaucratic B.S. to have to try to swallow.  It's over, our family is complete and that is something I will celebrate each and every day.


Today is National Adoption Day.  Did you know that there are HALF A MILLION children in foster care right now?  HALF a MILLION !  There are somewhere around 118,000 available for adoption.  Waiting for a family.  Put yourselves in their shoes.  Legal orphans, waiting for someone to step and and say YES, you are MINE. I will love you forever, no  matter what!!   Do you have it in your heart?  Please take the step.  Reach out and hold a little hand who so desperately needs their very own loving family.


                   xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you read the blog? Leave me a comment people.. I'm needy like that :)