Thursday, November 17, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude - Days 15-17

See, I knew getting a post up every day would prove to be my downfall. 

What can I say? I've been sucked into a new book ( When Passion Rules by Johanna Lindsey) and I've finally been taught how to make a craft!  Yay!  I am the least crafty person you will ever meet.. I dread when the kids bring home projects that we are supposed to "do as a family" because I have absolutely no skillz.

One of the many things that Sasha Song has sucked me into (Mops, exercising, making friends with the Crazy lady - sorry Crazy, it's gonna stick, you know it.. ) is Scrapbooking/ Craft night once a month.  I've went twice so far and have to admit that I really enjoy it.   I don't craft but I have fun watching what other people make & gossiping while I sit and drink my Dr Pepper :-)   Still each time Awesome Crafter has tried to teach me something new.  The first night it was how to make these adorable flowers out of fabric.  The idea was simple but involves a glue gun which quite frankly is beyond my capabilities.   She was not going to give into defeat and at the last meeting, she decided to teach me how to knit!   KNIT!  I have always wanted to learn how to knit.. Yes it makes me feel like a little old lady just admitting that, but it's a secret wish of mine.    Granted, Awesome Crafter taught me loom knitting (my mother & sister claim it's cheating but as they don't know how to knit OR loom knit I choose to ignore them).  

So I am now sucked into the knitting world, buying yarn just because it's pretty and more looms that I know what to do with.  Still it's fun ..

my first attempt at a hat

So enough about what I've been doing..  Let's get into the last few days of Gratitude..

Day 15-  I am grateful for friends that drag you places that you would never normally go and make you enjoy it dang it!  (Hi Sasha!)

Day 16-  I am grateful for new friends who seem to have faith that you can learn something when you have no faith yourself.  (Hi Awesome Crafter)

Day 17- I am grateful for other new friends who despite having just learned that you previously believed others when you were told they were bat-shit crazy still are nice enough to forgive the misconception & immediately offer to help you with the 'homemade exchange' for the next meeting.. (Hi Crazy! )


See, I could have just been grateful for friends but it was so much more fun to separate why I'm grateful for each one :)

xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you read the blog? Leave me a comment people.. I'm needy like that :)