Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The time has come my friends..

The time has come for me to leave you alone in bloggyland for upwards of two weeks! :gasp:

I know, I know... hard to imagine, what with me being so good at daily updates. :snort:

But alas, the time has come for us to cram the rest of the kids stuff into the car, load up the demons kids and take off on our 16hr 4min trip to our hotel. (Yes, we have to count those 4mins.. Anything could go wrong in those extra 4mins which would result in said child being tossed out of the car to hoof it the rest of the way alone).

Naturally we're all excited, I'm sure you'd never have guessed that huh? lol..

I'm a bit.... nervous?? Not really cold feet but a bit scared I guess. It's a new experience.
Although the youngest three Chaos kiddos have been added via foster/adoption - they all came to us as newborns so it was not alot different than popping one out myself (just skip the morning sickness.. I'd say weight gain but their cases stress me enough so I can count that weight gain in.. lol).

What we are about to embark on is foreign territory. Southern Darlin' is a FIVE yr old. Definitely not at the bottom of the child roster .. instead she's getting snuck right into the middle of the group. I worry how everyone is going to react. Not only the kids already here, but Southern Darlin' herself. She spent the first 3.5yrs of her life being tossed around, living in deplorable conditions, probably wondering if she'd eat or not that nite. Then she got placed in a loving foster home for the next 2yrs where she was the "baby" of the family. She's going to have some major adjusting and has to adjust to all 7 of us.. Don't get me wrong, I am sooo looking forward to having her here. We've worried and loved her as our own since Spoiled Princess came into our lives and we found out about her.. But I still worry (I'm a worrier by nature in case you haven't figured that out yet.. and if you haven't- where the heck have you been?)..

I think one of my biggest worries is a very selfish one. But where am I going to fit into her life? Sure I'll be the new mommy. But I'm now replacing 2 mommies in her life (biomom & fostermom). Everyone else came to me and only knew me as mommy.. Sure most foster parents deal with this early on, I guess I was just *special* to not have to until now.

God, I hope she likes us!

**side note- we may or may not be taking the laptop. If I do, I hope to update the blog after the meeting! If not, I'll update on Twitter via my phone! So if you don't already follow me look in the sidebar and start following ~~~~~~~~>

2 comments:

  1. I am SOOOO excited for you! Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! We did end up bringing the laptop.. I'll update tomorrow or over the weekend how the meeting goes! :) Now to just wait til tomorrow.. ugh!

    ReplyDelete

Did you read the blog? Leave me a comment people.. I'm needy like that :)