Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Twist at Lasagna

We instituted the whole "menu" idea around here. Otherwise our day went something like this -- Me busy with 3 kiddos aged 3 and under, mostly holding Baby Bug all dang day- sling or not it's still a job.. Daddy Chaos would get home and ask what was for supper.. I'd be all like "I dunno, what do you want?" To which he of course replied "I dunno, what sounds good to you?" Then it'd get late on us b/c we procrastinated too long and we'd end up ordering out.

So the menu idea is kinda working for us. I'm not sticking too strictly to the actual day of the week menu, but more having a list of meals and an idea of when we'll have them. We've eaten out quite a bit less in the past few weeks! Yay me!

I figured I'd share tonite's meal with ya- Daddy Chaos made a spur of the moment purchase of a Pasta recipe book (you know, the kind that is in the check out line tempting you with tasty looking meals on the cover) and we all have been leafing thru it picking out our favorites. Tonite we decided to try Attitude King's choice. "Ravioli Casserole".. It was actually halfway decent (ok that doesn't sound like much but I'm light with my praise when it comes to food, it takes ALOT to impress me sometimes)- good enough that we all agreed that we'd try it again and that's saying something in this family! Overall, it's just a simpler quick to make lasagna but hey it works!

Here's the recipe in case you're interested :
Ravioli Casserole
ingredients :
1 jar (28oz) spaghetti sauce
1pkg (25oz) frozen cheese ravioli, cooked & drained
2cups cottage cheese
4cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4cup grated Parmesan cheese

directions:
1. Spread 1/2 spaghetti sauce in an ungreased 13 x9 baking dish. LAayer with half of the ravioli, 1 1/4cup of sauce, 1 cup cottage cheese and 2 cups mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese

2. Bake, uncovered, at 350* for 30-40 minutes of until bubbly. Let stand for 5-10minutes before serving.

Yield: 6-8 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you read the blog? Leave me a comment people.. I'm needy like that :)