Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Yo Ho , Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me..

The king and his men



stole the queen from her bed



and bound her in her Bones.



The seas be ours



and by the powers



where we will well roam.







Yo, ho, all hands,



hoist the colors high.



Heave ho, thieves and beggars,



never say we die.






Anyone want to guess what I watched again last nite?? If you guessed Pirates of the Caribbean 3 (and honestly how could you not w/ the big pic of our hunky Will Turner?) then you'd be right.. The husband came home after work w/ the movie in his Walmart bag.. Have I told you lately how much I love my husband?!






The movie, on the other hand, I'm not so sure.. You see hubby & I went to see it sans kids (omg a feat in itself!) when it was at the theater.. I loved it, I loved it , I loved it.... until which point I hated it, I hated it, I hated it! Sure it's a great movie, love the fighting scenes, love everything about it.. until I don't.. I'm just saying at a certain point in the movie my feelings go from adoration to anger at the writers that would DO SUCH A THING to me!!! Don't they realize how in tune with my characters I get? Hello, I can cry at sappy commercials for pete sakes! While sitting there sniffing, I happened to look at Drama Queen sitting next to me.. Yup, like mother- like daughter, she was starting to sniff a bit herself. What can I say? We're an emotional lot sometimes! lol!



One would really think that having already viewed the movie and knowing ahead of time what is going to happen, I would be prepared and wouldn't bawl like a baby.. Nope, still need a box of tissues and in the end it's not really that bad.. Ahh well, I can never hate it completely.. I mean Johnny Depp AND Orlando Bloom in one movie is always good for me.. Anyone wanna chat about the movie cuz ya know I'm obsessed :)

2 comments:

  1. well... I think you and every other woman I know feels the same about the end of that movie. We all want them to "live happily ever after" and it just wasn't that kind of ending. Why? Couldn't Elizabeth have gone on the ship with Will? They could be undead together.... right? Ah! One day every ten years is just sad.... especially when its Orlando Bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, you are completely right! Elizabeth going on the ship with Will would have been great .. I'd much rather they sent Capt Jack on the ship and let Will & Elizabeth live happily ever after :) lol!

    ReplyDelete

Did you read the blog? Leave me a comment people.. I'm needy like that :)