Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Questions

Ok, so I stole this from another blog.. Looks like fun and hey an easy way to make a post :)

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Depends on the present & who it's for.. In most cases we do wrapping paper- always. Once in a while we'll get something for my mom or sister that just demands a gift bag instead.



2. Tree - Real or Artificial? Both? Can I even vote that? Ok here's the deal- we have this little bitty artifical one (4ft?-complete with prehung lights) that we have been known to use a few times.. Overall we normally do a real tree- the whole tree farm trip is just a part of Christmas tradition :)


3. When do you put the Christmas tree up?
Ha! You would ask that wouldn't you?? Normally we put the tree up over Thanksgiving weekend.. However this year, I admit it- I was not looking forward to chasing the two munchikins around and beating their little paws off the tree every 5 second and then we're poor.. So we put it off and put it off waiting on the stupid house (that I thought would never sell) to close so we'd have some extra moolah, wouldn't you know that we are finally closing TODAY- only a few weeks later than expected.. So it is now 5days til christmas and we still have no tree up.. We're putting up the itty bitty fake one & just gonna deal with it.. It's too late in the season to consider chopping down a real tree..



4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime after the first of the year and before Easter.. What can I say, I love Christmas decorations!


5. Like Egg Nog?
NO! Bleck-- EWW! Ok honestly I'll admit that I've never tried it but the thought sounds gross to me.. lol.


6. Do you have a nativity scene?
nope.. I have a lovely snowman family around a Christmas tree & a cool Santa w/ sleigh & reindeer..



7. Favorite gift received as a child? hmm honestly no clue.. The one that I remember best was my first Cabbage Patch Kid when I was 8? that my Aunt got me :)


8. Hardest person to buy for?
Definitely the hubby.. He never makes a list and we don't normally exchange presents (just do the kids) so when I want to get him something I have no clue what to get lol!


9. Easiest person to buy for?
Either one of the girls.. Boys are just hard to buy for regardless. It really seems like clothes & toys are always 5 to 1 in girls vs boys.


10. Worst Christmas gift?
honestly? no clue?! I mean a gift is a gift right?!


11. Mail or email a Christmas Card? Mail.. again I've been lazy this year and while I have them bought and sitting on the counter, I just haven't found the time or real need to do them.. ugh, I suck!


12. Favorite Christmas movie? Frosty the Snowman?! Does that count?


13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Black Friday! I always say that I'm going to start shopping earlier to make it easier on the budget but I just never do..



14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can recall..


15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas?
Baked mac & cheese. :)


16. Clear or colored tree lights? We have both. Some years I mix them, some I just do colored, others just white.. I'm quirky like that!


17. Favorite Christmas Song? The Hippo song, of course :)


18. Travel during Christmas or stay home?
We spend the morning at home doing our breakfast & Christmas presents, then go to my parents house - a whole maybe 5 big miles away.


19. Can you name Santa’s reindeer’s?
You know Dasher and Dancer, Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid, Donner and Blixen.. but do you recall... the most famous reindeer of all... Ruldoph.. Ok that's the only way I could remember them all LOL! Come on, be honest- I bet you had to sing the song too didn't ya??


20. Angel or Star on tree top?
Star


21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning?
I always wanted to open one present on Christmas Eve, my parents never allowed it ;( So now that I'm the mom- I make my kids wait til Christmas morning too! LOL! Of course that could be partly because hubby & I don't wrap any presents til all the kids are sleeping Christmas Eve...


22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Rude people shopping..

1 comment:

  1. I have been seeing this one everywhere. It is funny how everyone's is so different.

    I think my most favorite childhood gift was my cabbage patch doll too. Oh, they were such a novelty. I just bought my daughter one this year too. and I have to say I so very much agree with #22!!!

    ReplyDelete

Did you read the blog? Leave me a comment people.. I'm needy like that :)