Tuesday, April 29, 2014

1, 2, 3 Strikes you're out..

I admit I'm a tiny bit of an over-protective momma..  It's in my blood.  I can't help myself. 

So when Fishing Pole (2nd grade) came home with a field trip slip to a baseball game (during school), I was leary of letting him go.  It's a bus ride about an hour away, going to be crazy busy..  The boy just had 2 surgeries a few months ago..   I have a hard time with all that he's been thru ,letting my guard down and actually trusting someone else with his care.   Eventually , Daddy Chaos & I agreed that he's old enough to speak up if he's having issues and that we should let him go. It doesn't hurt that he was recently cleared by the back dr & had a cardio appt today as well (cleared!).   So I signed the slip to let him go.  Tomorrow..


Yesterday I received a phone call from Dimple's teacher (kindergarten) that she didn't have a permission form for Dimple's to go on the baseball field trip..  Say WHAT?   Apparently K-2 are all going..  And then my peeps, I started to freak out.   No way was I letting the baby go on this field trip too.. I spent days agonizing over whether to let Fishing Pole go w/o me, sorry its simply not going to happen with the youngest.   Thankfully I mentioned it to Daddy Chaos who looked at me like I was crazy and said NO, he's not going.. lol.   

And then I sat trying to figure out how I'd keep him home w/o looking like that crazy mom who won't let her kids go anywhere with out her.  (Yes, I am that mom... but that's beside the point..).  My friend suggested I sign the slip, send it in today and then just call him in sick tomorrow for the trip.. lol.   Might have worked but I have a meeting before school tomorrow to discuss getting Autism added to his IEP and what all that entails (still makes no sense to me that  medical dx of autism isn't enough.. Stupid school systems).  So I have to be there bright and early which means I have to take all the kids with me.. ugh..

Dimples decided to solve it all for me last night when he announced his throat hurt..  Hmm, see he's getting sick, I guess he'll have to stay home.   Then he promptly puked all over my bed.  ugh.   And so he is home today with an icky tummy.  No field trip tomorrow..    Maybe I jinxed him??

Quite honestly, I don't think he would have enjoyed it. Sensory overload.  Too much noise, too many people  and distractions..   At least I'm not lying when I say he's sick now though. lol 







Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you read the blog? Leave me a comment people.. I'm needy like that :)