In our large family, everyone has a chore. When you have 8 people living in a house, Momma isn't going to get it all done. Delegation is the key. Naturally, I like to delegate the things I don't like doing. It's a perk of being at the top of the totem pole :)
Dishes are not my thing. My 15yo (Attitude King) has been drafted to do dishes. He's going to make an excellent husband someday! The only issue I have with his dishwashing abilities, is that he doesn't rinse, he doesn't check the dishes- if the dishwasher says "done" then he puts it away. I don't know how many times I've found plates or utensils with baked on good- put away in the cupboard. ARGH!
We actually have a new dishwasher and so I thought that would help. Brand new dishwasher = clean dishes, right? Not always. We've moved thru a few detergents, tried gel packs, liquid & even powered to find something that would help my dishwasher shine like the expensive appliance it is should. So when I was asked to give Cascade Platinum a try, I was all over it.
Cascade , themselves:
What it is : Cascade Platinum Pacs deliver the most powerful clean available from Cascade while simultaneously helping to maintain the sparking look of your clean dishwasher interior.
How it works: They feature an advanced triple action recipe that is designed to leave dishware virtually spot-free and help prevent the build- up of hard-water film on dishwasher walls.
Why you need it : They achieve a top-tier clean so powerful that they even help keep your dishwasher machine sparking and deliver a variety of dish care benefits :
- Powers away tough, 24 hour stuck-on food
- Eliminates the need to pre-wash dishes
- Helps maintain the look of new machines and helps prevent additional hard-water film build-up
- Delivers exceptional dishware shine
Reading through those, I immediately saw several things that stuck out to me- Helps maintain the look of new machines-- Yay! I have a new dishwasher and I would love to keep it looking new as long as possible. Those things aren't cheap! Powers away stuck-food and eliminating the need to pre-wash would definitely help the 15yo in his chores! I mean come on, you can only tell them so many times to rinse it and check that clean is really clean. Sometimes you just need to rely on the cleaning product to actually work!
We have been using the Cascade Platinum Pacs for a few weeks now. I am more than thrilled with how well they have been standing up to what was promised. The dishes look cleaner than ever. Food looks better on a sparkling clean plate! No more grabbing a utensil out of the drawer only to find old stuck on food. Honestly, we all know teenagers and I can safely say that this new victory is all about the new detergent not a change on the 15yo's part. Love his as I do, he's not getting the credit here!
Now, more than ever, people eat with their eyes.. How many times do you see pictures of food on Facebook or Instagram? I know, myself, I love taking pictures of awesome meals when I am out at a restaurant. The presentation is so important to a meal! With that in mind, Top Chef judge and editor of Food + Wine magazine, Gail Simmons, has partnered with Cascade to talk about why presentation is just as important as prepartion.
Now for the fun part! Cascade has a "My Platinum" contest over a four-week period encouraging instagram fans to upload photos related to the weekly contest themes. Show off how sparkly Cascade makes all your pots, pans and plates!
It's simple to do :
- First , visit the contest page for information on how to enter & submit images. You will have to sign up for instagram if you aren't already a member.
- Each week, two winners will be selected to receive a brand new Whirlpool dishwasher. Additionally, one very lucky grand prize winner will receive a Platinum kitchen makeover!!
- To win, users have both register and upload their photo with the #MyPlatinum hashtage and tage @MyCascade.
Here are the weekly themes :
- Week 1 : My Platinum Plate (Entry Period: 6/3-6/9) Show us your best dish styled from sparkling plate up!
- Week 2 : My Platinum Bite (Entry Period 6/10-6/16 ) Show us your best bite and most creative use of sparkling silverware !
- Week 3 : My Platinum Clink (Entry Period 6/17- 6/23) Show us how to serve up creative concoctions in sparkling glasses. Cheers !
- Week 4 : My Platinum Table (Entry Period 6/24- 6/30) Show us your sparkling tablescape for your most special celebrations!
- Grand Prize Winner (Entry : 6/3-6/30)
Remember, for additional contest information and to enter click here, or visit the Cascade Facebook page to keep up-to-date with products and promotions. Good luck and let's see some Shine!!