Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Satisfying Review.. :-)

I have given birth to 3 wonderful children but I am not one of those women that gives birth and in a few months is back down to pre-pregnancy weight.  In fact, I have never again seen my initial pre-pregnancy weight.  It’s sad, I know.   Like most of us, I have tried many many different diets.   One big thing I’ve noticed with most diets is that I can never stick to them.. I get bored with the food I’m “allowed” to have and end up cheating.. A Lot..  Plus there’s the whole exercise thing- who has time?  Hello- 6 kids!

Still, I’ve been making some changes lately and one of them is to start working out.  I did really good for about a month- working out with 2 other friends (Hi Sasha) but then Little Miss X came into my life and I cuddle her when I should be busting my booty.  I definitely plan on getting my butt back in gear and working out again but I know that I need to do more.

So when I was offered a chance to review Satisfying Selections™ by Weight Watchers® Smart Ones®, naturally I was happy.  Let’s start with the info before we get to my opinions.. 

Product Info in bullet points because that’s just fun : 
  •  30% larger portions than traditional tray meals.
  • Packaged as a bagged meal, featuring heartier pieces of meat and veggies than typically found in a frozen nutritional tray option.
  •  Less than 400 calories, 8-10 Weight Watchers PointsPlus™ and 25 grams of protein.
  • Portion controlled for dinner.
  •  Either steam them in the microwave or cook on the stove top and serve on a dinner plate. 
  •  Feature lean proteins, whole grains, fiber, fruits & veggies to help you build calorie-burning muscle and stay fuller longer.



Now onto my opinions, because we all know I have them!

While Satisfying Selections come in five different flavors (Sesame Chicken, Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo, Ziti with Meatballs & Cheese, Chicken with Broccoli & Cheese, and Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry), I have only tried two at this point.  I decided to enlist Daddy Chaos in the trial in order to have a second opinion.  

We tried the Chicken with Broccoli & Cheese :
yummy!

As well as the Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo:
Look at those BIG chunks of meat!

As I said above in the bullet points (you did read the bullet points, right?) , you can cook these dinners either in the microwave or on the stove top.  I opted for the easiest method- nuke it, baby!  Normally if given time, I might opt for the stove top method because I always feel that cooking it on a stove top makes it less- tv dinnerish.. However I was told to cook it how I most often would and normally I just don't have the extra time to spare.  One thing I was especially pleased with was that when pouring them from the bag to the plate there wasn't alot of cheese left stuck to the bag.  Yay! I want my food ON my plate, not waiting to be scrapped from the container.  Both dinners offered a significantly larger dinner portion than I was expecting!  Daddy Chaos even agreed that it was a hearty portion and filled us both up.  I gave Daddy Chaos the first one (with rice) because he's a rice person, while as I am a pasta person.   Once we commenced eating the meal, we both discovered that it was pretty darn tasty.  Daddy Chaos reports that the rice was cooked perfectly which is hard to do in a tv dinner and his only complaint was he felt the cheese sauce wasn't as smooth in his meal as it could have been.. However, it wasn't bad either-  he would buy it again.   My cheese (alfredo vs cheddar) was a bit smoother... To which I say to him : nah, nah!   My meal was great!  I definitely wouldn't think of it as a "diet" meal.  My broccoli was cooked well- soft but not mushy, I hate crunchy broccoli.  Overall, I was very satisfied with both meals and would try them again.  They changed my concept of a "diet" meal.  Satisfying Selections™ retail for $3.69, although I got mine at WallyWorld for $3.18 so prices will vary.  It was the most satisfying tv dinner I've had in quite some time.  Two thumbs up :) 


Disclosure: This post is part of a SocialMoms product evaluation, for which I’ve been selected. I’ve been compensated for my time with 6,000 My SocialMoms Rewards Points. The opinions expressed in this post are mine and don’t necessarily reflect the opinions of SocialMoms or Heinz.

                                xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you read the blog? Leave me a comment people.. I'm needy like that :)