Sunday, November 6, 2011

Guest Post by Craved Author - Stephanie Nelson

Hey guys!  I'm so super excited about the current book contest *ahem* Craved by Stephanie Nelson!   I absolutely loved the book and want to share it with you - so go ENTER the contest already! :-)

Anyways, today I wanted to share a guest post by Stephanie about how she came up with the idea for the book..


*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A lot of people ask me how I came up with the idea for my book, Craved. My inspiration came from two Halloween decorations. I had a witch and a vampire yard stake and as I was setting them out in my yard, my mind began to wonder how the two would get along in the written world. I had read a ton of paranormal books so my mind frequently thought about different aspects of what I had read.

So as I set the vampire and witch in my yard, a story formed and I began to wonder who would win in a fight. A vampire is strong, fast and can heal quickly so it’s a worthy opponent. But witches have magic on their sides which also makes them worthy opponents. I probably looked like a crazy person standing in the middle of my yard just staring at the yard stakes, but the story had planted itself in my mind and it wouldn’t allow me to think of anything else. I began to wonder why the vampire and witch would be fighting. Well duh, vampires drink blood. And witches blood had to have an extra zing due to the magic they possessed, so of course the vampires would think they were tasty, right? I was so excited about the aspect of the story that as soon as I finished decorating, I jumped on my computer and started writing. I’ve heard that muses can come in many different forms; music, friends, celebrities, but I still find it kinda funny that my muses ended up being five dollar  Halloween decorations.


*~*~*~*~*~*
See, with such a fun beginning to the story you know you want to go read it !!

xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you read the blog? Leave me a comment people.. I'm needy like that :)