Thursday, September 8, 2011

My Thoughts on Slow Love..

Ok before you even get started, I don't mean that!  Geesh people, you should know me better by now.. Oh, wait.. nevermind.



Slow Love : How I Lost My Job, Put on My Pajamas, and Found Happiness is a memoir written by Dominique Browning. 

I almost instantly felt a connection to Dominique from the very beginning.

Although our lives are worlds apart, I can understand and empathize with her panic and despair at loosing her job, her identity.  As a parent of special needs children, you have to relearn your life.  You go thru the depression stage- days of a daze just eating and sleeping, stumbling thru to get up and do it all over again until you finally wake up one day, pull yourself up and move on.  There's an initial panic & despair over loosing what you thought was your path.  Slow love is about learning to experience life more slowly and really appreciating the little things in life that you might not have noticed before..


There's so much to enjoy in this book. Whether you sympathize with her loss or you get mad at Stroller (a man who named himself after rejecting Dominique's initial  Walker name tag -because he's so good at walking away) you'll find something you can connect to.  I nodded my head at some parts and wanted to jump in and give advice on Stroller-  He's not going to change! Get away from him!   Alas , it's real life and there will always be bumps in the road.  Sometimes we have to go over the same ones a few times.

By all means, don't just trust my opinion, check out what others are saying about Slow Love.  And if you read it, come back and give me your opinion !




                           xoxo,




1 comment:

  1. "It's real life and there will always be bumps in the road. Sometimes we have to go over the same ones a few times." So unfortunately true.

    ReplyDelete

Did you read the blog? Leave me a comment people.. I'm needy like that :)