Monday, February 21, 2011

Let's go back and pretend it's still Valentine's day because I never got to show you my present.  Between my computer being in the shop (Thank goodness it's back!!) and having photography issues, it was just not meant to be.

So Valentine's day dawned like any other day, I got the kids sent off to school with their goodies and spent the day as usual.  We don't make a big deal out of VDay around here. Sure I grabbed the lil kids each a cute heart Pez dispenser because it was too hard to resist.. I gave Attitude King a big box of Nerds (that I won at a MOPs  thing.. ha.. regifting at it's best) for my little nerd :)  And Drama Queen- well she already planned on doing the Bieber thing  so that counted.. 

[ Btw, let me jump in here and say that despite going into the movie ready to be thoroughly annoyed by a teeny bopper.... I was actually very impressed. JB is a cool kid and the show was darn close to awesome.  Plus he was an ADORABLE little tike.  O.M.G.   Drama Queen is now convinced that I must find a way to take her to a concert for her 16th bday so she can be picked to be his "Lonely girl"..]

So anyway, the kids were taken care of in the itty bitty gift department.   DaddyChaos & I don't normally exchange presents.. At All.   not for birthdays, not for anniversaries, not for Christmas.  It's always been all about the kids.

I was shocked when he texted me with a Happy Valentine's Day!!   and that pretty much made my day :)

So imagine my surprise when I arrive home from picking the kids from school only to find Daddy Chaos is already home.  I didn't think too much of it, just this is weird why is he home so early?

I get the car unloaded and am getting everyone situated -- no matter how many times we do this, I still have to tell them
"Go hang up your coats and put your backpacks away"

"No, leave your shoes by the door....

Because they're wet...

Yes they are!!

Just do what I say!!

For the love of Pete!"

So when DaddyChaos asked me to come here a minute, the thought never crossed my mind that there might be a gift involved.  You know sometimes you get that inkling that maybe there are flowers behind his back or in my case a fountain Dr Pepper??  Not even the slightest twinge of an inkling.

I followed him downstairs to the freezer & assumed we'd be picking out supper items.

Instead I found this :

I figured this was better than some sappy card. 

 Oh yes it was!! Bubble Gum ice cream!! 4 quarts! My favorite.. Does that man know me or what? I don't think he could have come up with a better gift =)

Not only did he buy me my favorite ice cream- he had to plan it out. He actually left work early and drove 2hrs (roundtrip) to get it for me and then beat me home so he could have it safely stored in the freezer awaiting me.
I love that man dearly.
He definitely is my other half.
Somedays I think he knows me better than I know myself.


             xoxo,

1 comment:

  1. A man after my own heart! I love me some Bubble Gum ice cream! :)

    ReplyDelete

Did you read the blog? Leave me a comment people.. I'm needy like that :)