Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Spoiled Princess turns 6!

It's that time of year again..

The time where I sit and marvel at the birthday of our first adopted kiddo. There's some magical about it all. Not that all my kids aren't magical in their own way but I spent 10months pregnant and awaiting the birth of Drama Queen & Attitude King.   With Spoiled Princess, I found out about her when she was already a day old. I waited exactly 26hrs (kinda like Drama Queen's labor.. hmmm) from the moment I knew about her to the moment she came home with us.  She signifies the beginning of a new path in our lives.  the foster/adoption path.

So it's been 6 years now.  I know I say it all the time but I honestly can't figure out how the time goes by so quickly.  One minute they are itty bitty and the next they are in school!  Don't even get me started on how much faster time seems to go once they get into school! ugh!

As I mentioned in a previous post,  we made cupcakes for her bday at school.  Note to self- do not let the 6yr old crack eggs no matter how much she tells you that she is an expert at it. You'll end up with egg down the cabinets & on the floor. Yum.  She's just lucky I happened to have an over abundance of eggs that nite!
Fishing Pole & Spoiled Princess made the cupcakes all by themselves.  They were a pretty good team!  Spoiled Princess then had fun telling everyone at school that SHE made them. lol.

Unlike Southern Darlin',  Spoiled Princess wanted to stay at home , eat "basketti" and have ice cream cake for her bday!   
All dressed up in her new 'gear'. 
It was a quiet birthday but a good one.  She's changed so much in just a year. She went from a preschooler who would tolerate ½days but couldn't imagine being away from Momma for a full day and therefore was not going to Kindergarten  into a little girl who absolutely loves Kindergarten!  She loves her friends! recess! learning!  Everyday she comes home to tell me exactly what they did that day -every little detail.  Her sentence always beings with "Mommy you will be so proud of me!!"  Yep, I'm always proud of her.  She's growing up so fast.

Let's look thru the last couple of years to see how she's grown..

4 years old :

 5 years old :
 
6 years old :
                    
 I could have went back further but that would just make us all cry.. My baby girl is growing up way too fast!  Happy Birthday Spoiled Princess!!!



                 xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you read the blog? Leave me a comment people.. I'm needy like that :)