Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hello 2011 !

It's a new year with so much to look forward to. 

I tend to not make new year's resolutions because I never stick to them and really, why set yourself up for failure. 
A prime example would be this year.  As I was at the gas station earlier today grabbing a Dr Pepper, I thought to myself - self, in the new year you should really give up pop. It's horrible for you and you need to break this addiction.   And then I realized it's already Day 2 of the new year so I've already fubar'd that resolution before it even got started. 

Instead, let's list some Hopes for 2011.  I can hope for whatever I want, if it doesn't happen then so be it. 
While 2010 was an awesome year, it was also a pretty stressful one. I'm really hoping that 2011 has just a tad less stress.

DCS is out of our lives- most likely permanently now.  All our kiddos are adopted and while we are still an open foster home, I'm not sure we'll see any placements.   That's one stress reduction! yay!

Due to our recent adoptions, we should be seeing a very nice tax check this spring.  Everyone has went on about how this is what will happen, but I'm not counting my chickens til they are here.  I don't trust the government to really just hand out that kind of cash willy nilly.  My fingers are crossed that it happens though.   And if so, we will be paying off all the bills going to DISNEY- yay!

Debt free except a mortgage will be a great reduction in stress :) 

Disney always equals stress reduction, although I am just a tad bit concerned on how TheToddler will handle it. He's a bit out of control at times so all the excitement might be too much.

So all in all, that's a lot of stress reduction.  Score!!

I'm hopeful that we can as a family get healthier.  I'm getting all the kids into sports this year. The lil girls are doing cheerleading soon.  I plan on putting Fishing Pole, Spoiled Princess & Southern Darlin' into t-ball and Attitude King wants to rejoin baseball.   I'm hoping to join the Y this year.  I think we could all benefit from a membership, even if it's mainly used to take the youngest ones to the pool a few times a week.

Mainly I am just hopeful that this year is just as awesome as last year.

If I want to put it out in a true "wishing on a star" hope- I'll just take being a billionaire = )  That's not too much to ask, is it?
"I wanna be a billionaire so fricking bad
Buy all of the things I never had
Uh, I wanna be on the cover of Forbes magazine
Smiling next to Oprah and the Queen"

Dude, I'd even have Essie come stand with me so she could get her Oprah fix!

"I would be the host of, everyday Christmas
Give Travie a wish list
I’d probably pull an Angelina and Brad Pitt
And adopt a bunch of babies that ain’t never had sh-t
Give away a few Mercedes like here lady have this "
It's just one of those songs that you can't help but sing along.  I think deep down we'd all like to do that.  Be able to have the money to give everyone we love (and heck those we don't even know) what they want.  So yeah, I'd love to be a billionaire but I kinda doubt 2011 is going to bring that to me.  If it does, hit me up !

May your 2011 be all that you wish for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you read the blog? Leave me a comment people.. I'm needy like that :)