Friday, November 11, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 11

Today is 11/11/11 which quite frankly I find freakin AWESOME.. I am a number person.. I love when there are cool dates like that = )

Today is also Veteran's day.   I am thankful for each and every one of our soldiers who have offered their lives up for our freedom.  I am also thankful for their families who sacrifice every day living a military life and being apart from their loved ones more often than not.   I once lived that life.  I am thankful that Daddy Chaos was safe while he served our country and proud of the time he gave.   I have many friends and family who have or are still serving in the military but today I want to be especially thankful for a dear friend's husband.  A man who has a loving wife and 5 children that he has had to leave behind time after time with TDY's stacked on top of each other and barely time to get reacquainted with his family.  And for my friend who is a single mom while he is away and doing a damn fine job of it.  It is people like Matt who help give us the freedoms that we have today.

I am thankful for our soldiers- past, present and future.


                    xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you read the blog? Leave me a comment people.. I'm needy like that :)